Ramsau am Dachstein in winter
Ramsau am Dachstein is the place to be in wintertime. For skiing and snowboarding there are seemingly endless slopes on Planai, Dachstein, Reiteralm, Hauser Kaibling and in Ski amadé. Ramsau am Dachstein is well known for nordic sports. In 1999, the FIS Nordic World Championships have taken place in Ramsau am Dachstein.
- 150 km classic slopes, 70 km skating slopes
- about 50 huts, restaurants and cafes all along the cross-country slopes
- 50 km snowpaths for hiking, horse sledge riding or just walking around in fresh air
- 180 km slopes and one ticket for all within the big skiarea including the famous hills Planai, Reiteralm, Hauser Kaibling, Rittisberg and Dachstein
- ski-union Ski amadé
- free use of bus with valid skiticket or x-country ticket
- ski school, ski rental, ski shops
- “slow winter” with snow shoeing and ski tours
- Freeride and Superpark at the Dachstein glacier
- icehockey, hot tubs, steam bath, etc.
Ramsau am Dachstein in summer
Ramsau am Dachstein is the center of alpine sports in the alps. The “Dachstein” and its imposant southwalls are territory for climbers. At least 1000 routes are docomented with topos. Ramsau am Dachstein is also the top destination for via-ferrata. 17 via-ferrata – climbing routes – are reachable from town. 2 of those are specially designed for kids.
Infrastructure at Ramsau am Dachstein – summer
- 17 climbing paths, 2 specially designed for kids and the 1. Klettersteig der Alpen
- 200 km trails for walking, nordic walking, running on 3 different levels – Ramsau itself on 1100 m, the alpine meadows on 1700 m and the high-altitude mountain region on 3000 m.
- 20 tours for Mountainbike and E-bike, starting with small half-an-hour tour up to the 3-day-tour – Dachsteinrunde
- Land of adventure with Canyoning, Rafting, High rope course, Archery, Elektro MotoCross, Paragliding, Geocaching, Slalom Go-Karts, Segway, etc.
- Dachstein glacier with Skywalk, ice palace, suspension bridge, Treppe ins Nichts, Superpark (until mid of July)
- Trainingcenter for the best nordic athletes in the world
- Lakes, Gorges, Rocks …